The primary purpose of persuasive essay is to persuade or convince the reader that a certain claim or viewpoint is right. A persuasive essay can be written from either a subjective or an objective point of view simply because persuasion is found in a variety…
Full list of the most trending argumentative essay topics
Top-50 topics you would love to work on PLUS useful tips on writing a flawless argumentative essay.
As you may already know, an argumentative essay is a writing genre where the student establishes a position on a given or chosen topic and then uses evidence to persuade the audience to see things from his/her point of view. To write a great argumentative essay, the student first has to investigate several sides of the argument, which allows making an educated stance. Then, one has to collect evidence, including facts, statistics, and claims from experts in the topic’s field.
Generally, the primary objective of writing an argumentative essay is to learn how to convince people to change their mind about things which many of them are pretty sure about.
What Substitutes a Good Argumentative Essay Topic?
When you are asked to choose a good topic for your argument, start with something you are familiar with. Even if you hire a professional writer to help you with this assignment, speaking about something you know will be a much better sounding presentation of your arguments. Choosing an emotional topic is also a good idea. Appealing to the readers’ emotions connects them to the side of the writer and draws them in. One of the best ways to change anyone’s mind is with an emotional investment.
Pick Your Favorite Topic or Get Your Essay Done For You
We offer a great list of topics for writing your argumentative essay. Did you also know you can get your papers written for a money? We employ hundreds of professional writers who specialize in essay, dissertation and research writing. They have written hundreds of academic papers for students worldwide. Therefore, we know how to write a perfect custom-written argumentative essay that will meet your requirements and help get you the grade you want. Contact us now to request professional essay writing help!
If you want to write the paper on your own, take a look at the full list of argumentative essay topics along with the samples below:
Middle/High School-Level Argumentative Essay Topics
- Should teenagers be required to get their parents’ permission to obtain contraceptives?
- Should high school education be mandatory?
College-Level Argumentative Essay Topics
- When is military force justified?
- Should parents hold responsibility for the crimes of their children?
Argumentative Topics to Avoid
Funny Argumentative Essay Topics
- Should you believe every word in an infomercial?
- Should funny cat videos be allowed on YouTube?
- What is the worst song in the world?
Classic Argumentative Essay Topics
- Computer games harm individuals
- Sex education is the only way to eliminate many issues, including teenage pregnancy
- My goals essay
Arguments on Bioethics
Arguments on Issues in the IT Area
- Some of Google services raise privacy and security concerns for people
- Should YouTube comments be regulated?
- The Internet has been overly commercialized. Agree or disagree?
Argumentative Topics for Legal Discussions
- Is gun control an effective method of reducing crime?
- Is the death penalty justified?
- The book “Twelve Angry Men” represents democracy with its flaws
- Should same-sex marriages be made legal?
- Smoking in public places should be banned
- Society is becoming over-regulated
- Production and sale of cigarettes should be made illegal
Argumentative Topics on Social Concerns
- Cross-cultural marriages contribute to racial tolerance
- Single-parent children behaviour is different than that of children with both parents
- Young people are predisposed to negative influence because they are more rebellious by nature
- Violence in the media destroys children
- Sexual content on TV harms teenagers
- Homeschooling is an ideal way to obtain a quality education
- Forests are the lungs of the Earth. Should rainforests destruction be prohibited?
- Global warming is a myth
- To what extent are electric cars a solution to global pollution?
Society and the Media
- Should cities preserve old buildings?
- Financial rewards are the only way to gain employee`s loyalty
- Life-long learning is no longer required for career success
- Correspondence Theory of Truth appears to be plausible and defendable
Now, once you have chosen a good topic from the list, try to lay down your thoughts on your screen or paper. Here are some tips on how to do it properly:
Argumentative essays should be structured in the following way: introduction, body paragraphs and conclusion. This is a visual representation of how it should be structured.
Adhering to the above structure of an argumentative essay will keep your creative process together:
- The first paragraph offers a brief review of the topic, explains its importance, and shares the essay’s clear and concise thesis statement.
- After the introduction come the body paragraphs, in which the writer develops his/her arguments and supports them with valid and reliable evidence.
- The support should be anecdotal, logical, statistical, or factual, depending on the essay’s topic.
- Following the argument paragraphs, the writer shares the opposing views.
- Ending the paragraph is the conclusion. This paragraph is quite important since it leaves the reader with the most immediate impression. The writer should synthesize the information shared in the body of the essay, as they restate the topic’s importance, review main points, as well as review the thesis. No new information should be shared in the conclusion.
Here is another cool tip to make your arguments sound stronger: use connection words!
How To Use Connection Words While Writing an Argumentative Essay?
Transition or connection words and phrases hold your essay together. They provide flow as they connect thoughts and ideas.
|additionally; also; and; as a matter of fact; as well as; equally; equally important; furthermore; identically; in addition; in the first place; like; likewise; not only…but also; not to mention; similarly; together with; too
|above all; after all; albeit; although; although this may be true; as much as; be that it may; besides; but; conversely; despite; different from; even so/though; however; in contrast; in reality; in spite of; nevertheless; nonetheless; notwithstanding; of course…, but; on the contrary; on the other hand; or; otherwise; rather;
|Cause or Purpose
|as; as/so long as; because of; due to; for fear that; for the purpose of; given that; granted (that); if…then; in case; in view of; in order to; in the event that; in the hope that; lest; only/even if; owing to; provided that; seeing/being that; since; so as to; so that; unless; when; whenever; while; with this in mind
|Examples or Support
|another key point; as an illustration; by all means; chiefly; especially; for example; for instance; for this reason; in fact; in other words; notably; specifically; surprisingly; to point out; truly
|Consequence or Result
|accordingly; as a result; because the; consequently; due to; for; for this reason; hence; in effect; in that case; since; so that; therefore; with the result that
|Conclusion / Summary / Restatement
|after all; all things considered; as a result; as can be seen; as shown above; consequently; for the most part; generally speaking; given these points; in conclusion; in fact; to summarize;
How Is This Information Going to Help Me Write My Essay?
Writing a good argumentative essay develops your argumentative thinking. It is a useful skill that you will need in your life not only to survive among your peers today but also to have a successful future in general. Most of the businesses and partnerships prosper through argument. Getting the right arguments will help you prove your point and win.
The intellect rules the modern world. Those who stay focused on becoming stronger in chosen profession win. It requires no distraction on things of little importance.
To succeed, you need to stay focused on what you feel is right for you and what you are willing to devote your life to. And it should take up most of your time. Seriously. The more research you can do to get better at your future profession, the better.
Our professional ghostwriting company has been helping with college assignments for students since 2005. You are welcome to use our essay writing service as a helpful tool for your career success strategy.
Here is a fun fact: Most of the world-known geniuses are college drop-outs. They were too focused on what mattered to them most and couldn’t get their homework done on time. However, it is a bad example to follow. No matter if you run a successful business, have a busy job, need to visit your family or have an emergency – failing your module is a horrible possibility. That is why our writers are here to help you 24/7. If Mark Zuckerberg or Bill Gates knew about our service, we bet they could have gotten their degree on time and without problems.
A descriptive essay is one of the major types of essays, requiring the student to provide a description of an object, person, place, device, – or just about any other type of thing that can be described verbally. How to Write a Descriptive Essay This…