We generally allow our most experienced writers to pick-up orders themselves, as long as they have the relevant qualifications. When a new order comes in, we circulate a notice to all writers in that field, and someone who is available and interested in your topic will chose to work on your project. Our junior or less experienced writers require administrators" approval before they can start on the job. Writers have competitive incentives to work towards and are well looked after, which means that we attract and retain the very best writers in this industry.View all questions
Argumentative Essay Topics
Choose a good controversial topic and 9 times out of 10 you will get a great argumentative essay out of it. Simply pick a side, take the necessary preparation and be ready to defend your viewpoint. Check out our list of argumentative essay topics to work on your essay.
A well written, argumentative essay is not an easy task to accomplish. As a writer, you are not necessarily arguing your point to your audience, but your goal is to eliminate dissent; convincing your audience that your argument is in fact, more correct.
The nature of any argumentative essay is that the thesis or topic of this paper stems from a controversial issue and as the writer you are arguing a side of that issue. The core of writing an argumentative essay is to first find a controversial topic that you are passionate about, and most importantly are able to back your argument with well thought out, rational arguments. Any contorvesial topic can be argued one way or another, but what makes a great argumentative essay is that you are well researched about your topic, supporting your thesis with evidence and founded arguments. Additonally, argumentative essays can eliminate counter-arguments by shedding light on the flaws of opposing ideas.
When choosing the thesis and topic of your argumentative essay it is important to keep a few things in mind. First, the controversial topic should be contentious in nature and offer differing points of view. Second, the chosen controversial topic should be one that you are passionate about. Writing will come more naturally and your arguments more thorough and powerful if it is an issue that is important to you. Lastly, the topic that you have picked needs to be backed by research. When researching any controversial topic it is important to base your arguments with facts and not opinions. Always keep in mind where you are getting your source and if that source is reputable or not.
We have provided a sampling of argumentaive essay topics in order to give you an idea of what will make a great essay. We have categorized them for your convenience:
General Argumentative Essay Topics:
- Cheating helps students learn; (this one would be a perfect topic to discuss our website)
- Should sex education be increased in schools in an attempt to curb problems such as teenage pregnancy?
- Censorship: Are there cases when it can be morally justified?
- Genetic Research: Bettering the lives of humanity or destroying it?
- Stem Cell Research: Increasing the health of people or interfering with a higher power?
- Is the use of animals for scientific purposes humane?
Issues in the IT Sphere:
- Facebook - the end of privacy or the beginning of a new era?
- Is SOPA/PIPA a victory of the piracy?
- What is really illegal - MegaUpload.com or shutting down a private company?
- Do DDOS attacks by Anonymous have any effect?
- Does mankind depend on computers and technology too much?
- In the recent years Internet has become overtly commercialized. Agree or disagree?
- Does gun control reduce crime, or does it make people unable to defend themselves?
- What are the two sides of the death penalty? Is it a murder or a just punishment? Can it be a deterrent to crime?
- Should the death penalty be mandatory for people that kill other people?
- Is Assisted Suicide (Euthanasia) moral? Is a man truly an owner of his life?
- Should Affirmative Action be abolished?
- Is the problem of domestic violence a burning issue, or is it exaggerated?
- Should cigarette smoking be banned just as heroin consumption?
- Drivers should be banned from using their cell phones while driving. Agree or disagree?
- Should restrictions be placed on the use of mobile phones in public areas like restaurants and theaters?
- Should society assume greater responsibility for pregnant teenagers and the children they bear?
- What are some of the best ways to welcome and then assimilate immigrants into American life?
- The level of education within a country is directly related to the well being of this country. Comment on this issue, substantiate your claim.
- Should schools place more emphasis on disciplining bullies?
- Does modern day communication via social networks put an end of true and sincere relationships?
- Forests are the lungs of the Earth. Should the rain forests destruction be prohibited?
- Should countries drill for oil in protected areas to reduce gas prices?
- Does Global Warming exist?
- What has prevented the mass production of electric cars and electric charging stations?
Society and the Media:
- The mass media plays an important role in shaping the opinions and positions of the younger generation. Prove.
- Advertising: Information or Manipulation?
- Violent video games directly correlate to violence in schools. Agree or Disagree.
- Should there still be colleges and schools just for men/boys and some just for women/girls?
- To what extent has the traditional male role changed in the last 20 years?
- Is gender equality a myth or a sustainable reality?
- Do you still believe that the "glass ceiling" exists for women in the workplace?
We hope this iformation helps you do your own research. We encourage your study and academic growth. Just remember: here at PrivateWriting, we are always ready to help you write a concise argumentative essay on any subject. Our expert writers are always at your disposition in case you are not sure how to write a good argumentative essay. Since 2005 we have successfully completed hundreds of such assignments to our customers’ satisfaction. Whether you have a predefined topic for your paper or want us to pick one for you, we can do it for you. To get an idea of what your essay will look like, please download free examples of argumentative essays from our home page. They are provided free of charge and give you a fairly accurate understanding what the end product will look like. Please use the price calculator on the right to get an idea of the costs. Feel free to visit our ordering procedure page if you are not sure how to order an argumentative essay or contact live chat.
What We Offer:
- PhD-level professionals
- On-time delivery guarantee
- Automatic plagiarism check
- 100% authentic or your money back
- Customer information remains strictly confidential