Critical AnalysisUpdated: Dec 2, 2016
The most common error students make in writing these kinds of papers is simply describing events rather than analyzing them. A good critical paper will rely on your own judgment while relying on external information to find evidence that supports the claims made.
Critical Analysis Writing
Critical analysis, just like the Critical Essay, doesn’t necessarily mean that you are supposed to criticize or express your negative attitude towards something (a piece of art, a theoretical framework, a book etc). Critical analysis is a part of critical thinking, which, according to the National Council in Critical thinking, can be defined as: “the intellectually disciplined process of actively and skillfully conceptualizing, applying, analyzing, synthesizing, and/or evaluating information gathered from, or generated by, observation, experience, reflection, reasoning, or communication, as a guide to belief and action. In its exemplary form, it is based on universal intellectual values that transcend subject matter divisions: clarity, accuracy, precision, consistency, relevance, sound evidence, good reasons, depth, breadth, and fairness”.
Simply saying, whenever you are asked to critically analyze something, you are expected to take a look at the object of analysis, do some background research, point out the strengths and weaknesses of the described object and provide your logical reasoning to support your claims. In academic settings critical analysis can be used for a number of purposes, ranging from literary analysis to analyzing theoretical frameworks.
How to write a critical analysis paper?
In our everyday practice, we get to work on many critical essays. The most common error students make in writing these kinds of papers is simply describing events rather than analyzing them. A good critical paper will rely on your own judgment while relying on external information to find evidence that supports the claims made. Let’s take a closer look at writing a critical analysis paper in the literature using the following critical essay example: “Discuss the concept of life-long learning”.
When dealing with this kind of essay writing, you will need to take the following steps:
- Write a clear introduction that communicates the purpose of the paper and contains the thesis statement. When writing the introductory paragraph, make sure to mention the structure of the paper (in its typical form the essay will consist of an introduction, three body paragraphs, and a conclusion)
- Make sure your discussion is informative and accurate and is based on relevant and recent scholarly resources.
- Using references to recent research and well-reputed scholars will add weight to your voice and you try to defend your claim.
- Always remember to maintain a logical connection between sections of your paper. Obviously, your conclusion should be a logical continuation of the previous paragraphs and should summarize the ideas expressed in them.
- Check back with your assignment criteria on whether such items as a cover page, title page, page numbering etc are required.
- Once are you done with your writing, go through the paper once again to proofread it and rid it of spelling and grammar errors. Additionally, an important thing to check is clarity of ideas (no stream of conscience please).
- Always double check your references. Referencing should be complete, accurate and follow the prescribed referencing standards. In case you are required to use APA style, there is an excellent APA referencing tool, called RefTool.
PrivateWriting.com is dealing with a wide range of critical essay topics. We can write critical analysis papers on a number of academic disciplines starting from Music, Poetry, and Literature to Philosophy, Architecture. In case you are in need of a critical analysis paper, feel free to contact our support department with your assignment criteria and they will provide you the necessary assistance in writing the order based on your requirements. PrivateWriting is the service you can rely on!
What We Offer:
- PhD-level professionals
- On-time delivery guarantee
- Automatic plagiarism check
- 100% authentic or your money back
- Customer information remains strictly confidential