If you are struggling with choosing a winning topic for your cause and effect essay – feel free to use our cause and effect topics list which is being constantly updated.
Cause and effect essay is an essay that deals primarily with the causes and effects of the event, situation or dilemma. The purpose of such an essay is to explain why the event happened, what are all the consequences and ramifications of the event. This manner of the essay is an easy way to discuss and organize ideas around topics. In the essay of this type, you will be required to outline a situation describing what caused it and the effects of that particular situation: direct and indirect, seen and unseen.
How to Structure Your Essay
A cause and effect essay is similar in structure to most other essays, in that it requires an introduction, a body, and a conclusion. However, because of the nature of the essay, body paragraphs will be largely split into two major components, unlike many argumentative essays that often have three major body components. While writing a cause and effect essay stick firmly to the correct cause and effect essay outline, since it is one of the key factors in getting a high grade for your paper.
Cause and Effect Essay Topics by Levels of Difficulty
Easy Cause and Effect Essay Topics
- Causes of the American Civil War – state’s rights for slavery, unable to compromise, state vs. federal authority
- Effects of the Civil War – start of the civil war, federal authority established, end to slavery in America
- Causes of Bullying in School – parental abuse at home, feelings of inadequacy
- Effects of Bullying in School – physical and mental harm, lowering of grades
- Causes of the Decline of Spelling in Schools – less focus on rote memorization techniques
- Effects of the Decline of Spelling in Schools – fewer students are becoming authors
- Causes of the Magna Carta – Nobles wanted the Monarchy to be more responsible, King John’s continual tax raises
- Effects of Magna Carta – all democratic institutions today, rule by the people
Medium Difficulty Cause and Effect Essay Topics
- Causes of Brand Loyalty – effective marketing campaigns, repetitive advertising, similar messages
- Effects of Brand Loyalty – higher sales, enables higher pricing levels and better profit margins
- Causes of Poverty – lack of education, poor life choices, born into poverty
- Effects of Poverty – low life quality, perpetuates further poverty
- Causes of the Big Bang – what was the initial reaction, are there other theories more accurate to describe the beginning of the universe
- Effects of the Big Bang – are the causes relevant to the effects, would the Universe have evolved without a major starting event
- Causes of Riots – higher rates of poverty, unfair legislation, not enough social safety nets
- Effects of Riots – possible government overthrow, higher rate of crime
Difficult Cause and Effect Essay Topics
- Causes of Climate Change – pollution, human causes, long-term cycles
- Effects of Climate Change – more prevalent severe weather, rising tides
- Causes of Mental Illness – is there a family history, extreme stressful events
- Effects of Mental Illness – low quality of life, effects on other family members, long-term effects on mental ability
- Causes of Obesity – genetic causes, environmental causes, societal marketing
- Effects of Obesity – shorter life span, increase mental illness
- Causes of the Singularity – humans create artificial intelligence for productivity increases
- Effects of the Singularity – machines take over the earth, machines become sentient
If you are looking for cause and effect essay examples here is a great one
Cause and Effect Essay Topics by Subject
- Effects of CO2 Emissions on Global Environment
- Causes and Effects of Glacier Melting
- Effects of Industrial Pollution
- Causes and Effects of Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill
- Effects of Drinking Water Contamination
- Blast Fishing and Its Effect on Marine Ecosystems
- Why Has the US Invaded Iraq and Afghanistan? What are the consequences for such invasion?
- Did the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) Lead to Risky Lending?
- Causes and Consequences of U.S. Government’s Efforts to Increase Homeownership
- Will Congress and the President Take Action on the Growing Debt? What if it Does Not?
- What are the Causes and Implications of Winding Down Military Operation in Afghanistan?
- Response of Society to Same-sex Marriages
- How Will Changes in Gun Regulations Affect Our Society?
- Consequences of Legalizing Abortions
- The Need for Sustainable Communities: Root Causes and Anticipated Effects
- Obesity in the US: Root Causes and Effects
- The Global Financial Crisis: Causes, Consequences, and Possible Alternatives
- Impact of Consumerism on Global Economy
- The Economic Impact of Hurricane Sandy
- Impact of “Obamacare” onto the Healthcare System
Issues in the IT
- Spread of the Internet has Given Rise to Cyberbullying
- Cause and Effect of Internet Monitoring by US Government
- Impact of Social Networking Services on Today’s Life
- Genetic Engineering: Causes and Effects
- Causes and Effects of Legalizing Marijuana for Recreational Use in Colorado & Washington
- Cultural Imperialism
- Impact of Globalization
Writing a cause and effect essay is a very specific task that needs to be structured properly. Teachers and professors are looking for specific links between causes and effects or an explanation as to why they were not causal to each other. A great essay explores not only the direct links that are obvious, it delves into the depth of other possible connections to the situation. These indirect or unseen causes are often left out of these essays and cause lower marks. Get help in writing your cause and effect essay today by calling 1-800-235-4105 or place your order using our order form.