History Research PaperUpdated: Mar 18, 2015
What is a History Research Paper?
A history research paper differs from a common history essay by requiring greater effort while doing background research, organizing structure, reviewing literature and so on. These factors are actually lying on the surface, but if you dig deeper, you will see at least a dozen other parameters that need to be taken into account. Bottom line is - research papers a one step higher in the educational hierarchy. Unlike a simple history essay, which only requires proper structuring and language (e.g. introductory paragraph, two to three body paragraphs, conclusion as well as error free grammar and spelling), research papers on history topics require a more substantial approach, which will be discussed further.
General Tips for Writing a History Research Paper
- Topic Selection. Select a topic that is neither too broad nor too narrow. The pitfalls of either choice are obvious: if the topic is too narrow you will have nothing to research or write about.
- Argument Presentation. Your research paper should be designed in such a way that it should give your opponents the chance to ask questions. Your role is substantiating your claim by referring to the background research. Quality of your argumentation will determine the overall success of your paper.
- Rely on Primary Informaiton. Your history project should rely on primary sources and thoroughly analyse secondary informaiton. History projects require that you work with primary facts and then interpret them, showing your judgement and analysis. Again, don't forget to back up your claims with facts and research.
- Title. Think of a good eye-catching title for your paper, if will provoke readers' interest in your paper, - at least on initial stages.
- Consider Your Opposition. You take into account the audience you are writing for and write having your specific audience in mind.
- Use Proper Language. Research papers require use of formal language, don't allow any slang, contractions and also demand that the overall voice of your research paper remains consistently objective throughout the text. Needless to say that your paper should be proofread for errors, should contain no mistyped words and flow nicely.
- Don't Forget Formatting & Structure. The structure and format is generally dictated by the writing format. Depending whether you have APA, MLA, Chicago or Harvard standards to follow, you should modify your paper accordingly. The writing standard will impact almost everything in your research paper, starting from your cover page and formatting to referencing and the bibliography page. Therefore format should be paid great attention to from the start.
Privatewriting is happy to help with any history research topic you need to work on. Our experience and writers have written dozens of research papers to our cusotmers' satisfaction. We are, therefore, absolutely confident that we will be able to meeet and exceed your research project requirements. We take pride in maintaining contact between the writer, staff and the customer, which amplifies efficiency of the writing process. As a result, 85% of our customers come back to us to order again. We are looking forward to helping you through your history research project!
What We Offer:
- PhD-level professionals
- On-time delivery guarantee
- Automatic plagiarism check
- 100% authentic or your money back
- Customer information remains strictly confidential