Top 101 Best Persuasive Essay Topics in 2017
A persuasive essay is a type of writing that attempts to convince the reader or opponent that your argument or claim is correct. The main objective of the persuasive speech is to make the students master the art of persuasion. This type of essay is a common assignment during high-school and early college years, so senior high school students and junior college students should benefit from it most of all.
Find Your Persuasive Essay Ideas or Get Your Essay Done by Professionals
The 101 topics below are a great source of information. They will give you the ideas you are looking for, alternatively you can also get your paper written for you by paying a small fee. Our service provides top quality essay writing services - because we have the expertise required to come up with top-notch quality writing that will not only meet your needs, but will also get the grade you want.
With us, you will always meeting your deadlines and your studies will be a breeze.
HOW TO WRITE A PERSUASIVE ESSAY
Persuasive essays share a great deal of resemblance with argumentative essays. The major difference is that the argumentative essay should show a discussion as opposed to a single opinion. When working on a persuasive essay topic, one should remember that in order to persuade the reader, good persuasive speech topics imply that your statement or argument is correct. This usually means that such topics should be written down in a form of a sentence as opposed to a question. For example, compare the persuasive essay topics with the argumentative essay topics:
- Persuasive: Euthanasia Should Be Banned.
- Argumentative: Should Euthanasia Be Banned?
- Persuasive: Conflicts Should Be Avoided.
- Argumentative: Should Conflicts Be Avoided?
In order to help you in selecting a topic for your persuasive essay, we have created the 101 winning persuasive essay topics list with the most trending persuasive speech ideas.
Easy Persuasive Speech and Essay Topics
- In modern classrooms, exams do not match a student's ability.
- Schools should have nothing to do with ads.
- Soda shouldn’t be sold to kids in restaurants.
- French fries shouldn’t be served in public school cafeterias.
- There should be different classes for boys and girls.
- Breastfeeding should be banned in public places like churches.
- Parents should go to jail if their kids do something illegal.
- People under 21 should be allowed to drink alcohol with parental consent.
- Parents must be responsible to provide a healthy diet.
- Parents should regularly check children's belongings for drugs.
- The Internet was invented to change our lives.
Mid-difficulty Persuasive Topics for a Speech or an Essay
- Is the ACLU a scam that is no good for America?
- Commercial testing on animals should be banned.
- Alternative energy is cheap enough to replace the fossil fuels.
- Churches should pay taxes.
- The United States should maintain the Cuba embargo.
- College football should replace the Bowl Championship Series (BCS) with a playoff system.
- Decrease of the federal corporate income tax rate creates jobs
- The age for drinking should be younger than 21.
- The felons who have completed their sentence should be allowed to vote.
Difficult Persuasive Speech and Essay Topics
- Sex orientation is determined in childhood.
- The capital punishment is a crime.
- The humans are the main causes of a climate change.
- Euthanasia should be allowed.
- Adults must be allowed to carry electroshock weapon.
- The U.S. Supreme Court should ban the same-sex marriages.
- The ways to solve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict exist.
- Killing someone to defend yourself should be a constitutional right under the Second Amendment.
- Illegal immigrants shouldn’t be put in prison and forced to work to pay for their upkeep.
College Level Topics for Persuasive Essays and Speeches
- Is there an equal representation of genders in politics.
- Cell phone use and texting make it difficult to concentrate.
- Textbooks are obsolete and should be replaced by iPads.
- Students should be careful about posting on social media.
- A border fence will solve the dilemma of immigration.
- Cyber-attacks are a vital intelligence tool for all countries.
- Recycling more needs to be required by law.
- College network use filters to block inappropriate materials.
- The social network should be prohibited while on school property.
- Should girls have equal representation on co-ed wrestling and football teams?
- Domestic terrorism is not really an overwhelming issue in America.
- Identity theft is a huge problem for elderly people.
Bachelor's Level Persuasive Speech and Essay Topics
- Fast food restaurants should prominently display calories.
- The current tax system overburdens the middle-class.
- Chronic mental patients live in "halfway houses" in the community
- Billboards should be prohibited on highways.
- Psychiatrists should testify in court when a defendant enters a non-guilty-by-reason-of-insanity plea.
- A National Health Insurance Program should be required by the U.S. constitution.
- Child molesters should be put to death.
- Prospective parents should be required to take parenting classes.
- Getting married in high school should be encouraged for teen moms.
- The United Nations should be disbanded?
- Prisons should use music and art to calm prisoners.
- Educated people should be required to volunteer as literacy tutors.
- Constructing Olympic venues near UNESCO protected sites is deplorable.
Master's Level Persuasive Speech and Essay Topics
- Society should shun prescribed codes of ethics.
- There is no such thing as good and evil.
- Sexual desire defines human behavior?
- Selfishness is an innate human behavior and should be encouraged.
- Intelligence should be genetically engineered.
- Genetics determines human behavior.
- Happiness comes from helping others and selfish people are always unhappy.
- God is dead and religion should be banned.
- There is no evil in the world because there is no God.
- Ethics are the unselfish means humans derive from their parenting instincts.
- The truth is relative and situational, so lying is not immoral.
- Creation of wealth comes from taking advantage of other people's hard work.
Funny Topics for Persuasive Essays
- What would happen if donkeys took over the world?
- Where do all the mismatched run away to?
- Why I hate country music (an exclusive tell-all biography).
- The worst song in the world is "You are my sunshine."
- People love to watch shark attack shows and they are cheering for the shark.
- Why do they have tanning booths at the beach?
- Your video game skills can get you a good job.
- Why you love email spam more than real email.
- Why wearing braces makes it easier to scare strangers.
- Playing with Barbie will change your life.
- Why Mickey Mouse frightens.
- How to fake it as a non-sporty girlfriend.
- How to look busy at work without doing any actual work.
- Being a living Barbie doll has destroyed my life.
Controversial Topics for a Persuasive Essay
- Bailing out financial institutions should not be an allowed use of federal tax money.
- Surveillance makes the U.S. society.
- Polygamy must be a personal decision, not legislation.
- Lesbian mothers create deviant daughters.
- No warrant should be needed for search and seizures.
- We should abolish the jury system and give sole power to judges.
- Biological weapons should be allowed only for certain races.
- Torture is a useful interrogation tool for heinous crimes like rape.
- Contraception should be mandatory for children under 18.
- In order to have children, both parents should be certified.
- Genetically modified organisms have benefits.
- The world would be better off without educated women.
- Harvesting sperm from dead male relatives should be considered incestuous and illegal.
- Children should be paid by parents for home chores.
- The USA should populate the moon and establish a military outpost there.
- Grades should be outlawed as counterproductive and degrading.
- A survival plan should become a must-have for every family in case of natural disasters.
- Parents should talk to their children about drugs at a young age.
- Cats make better pets than turtles.
- Religion freedom doesn't really exist for most people all over the world.
- There must be an implant contraception for men too.
PERSUASIVE ESSAY EXAMPLE
What Is the Use of Writing Persuasive Essays?
Persuasive writing allows us to look critically at ideas and topics that we might not pay enough attention to outside the classroom. The debate has always been a catalyst for change, for improvement and growth at both the societal and personal level. Writing persuasive essays and speeches stretches your imagination and, sometimes, it can provide life-defining introspection.
We would encourage all our visitors to use these essay topics as basic ideas to develop your own topics. Don't forget your referencing - use our APA referencing tool or hire us to help you with your essay.