Book Report TemplateUpdated: Nov 24, 2016
BOOK REPORT TEMPLATE
A book report is a document that merely summarizes and narrates the events mentioned in the book. For this reason, a book report is very close in meaning to a book summary. There is also another thing called a "book review", in order not to confuse the two, please read about what makes them different.
Whenever you have a book report to write, please make sure you follow this simple 10 step book report template. Simply answer the questions below and you will end up having a full-scale book report:
1. What is the title of the book?
2. Who is the author of the book? Name the author, provide author’s brief biography.
3. When was the book written? State the period in which the book was written, what has inspired the author to write the book, how long did the writing process take, provide historical context of the writing?
4. Who was it published by?
5. What kind of writing is it? (poem vs. prose, novel, short story etc.)
6. Characters, what are they? Are they positive/negative? Are they likable or despicable? Use evidence to support your description of the character (quotations, description etc.).
7. Provide a brief plot summary.
8. What are the dominating themes? (love, friendship, life, death etc.)
9. What are the symbols in the novel? (optional)
10. What are the motifs in the novel? (optional)
You should be aware of the fact that there are no unanimously accepted book review templates. Anything that you find on the web is merely a recommendation, a general understanding of how to work on these assignments.
You may find interesting:
- Book Report Ideas
- What Is a Book Report?
- How to Write a Book Review?
- Writing a Book Report
- Book Report Format
In this situation, your most credible source of information is the assignment outline that you receive from your professor/teacher. These assignment criteria will differ from institution to institution and from professor to professor; however, they are your most reliable guidelines. Therefore, when we work on book report writing, we ask for the original assignment criteria and base our work on them. This ensures a high-quality outcome as well as customer satisfaction.