25 most expensive US universities that are worth applying for.
Choosing a college requires considering a number of factors: the presence of fraternity and sorority life, the location, and size of the university or college, its academic reputation, etc. Surprisingly, these factors are not the most important when a typical student weighs when making their final choice.
The most important thing to think over is the tuition fee. Indeed the total cost of attending college is, without a doubt, the most important factor influencing students’ final decision. But is there any sense in paying a higher tuition fee? Why not choose an alternative college? Something less expensive, for example. The reason to choose a higher-ranking institution is that the top-ranking colleges mean a greater return on investment for students when they graduate and get employed.
According to the FORBES’ 2016 ranking of the USA’s Best Value Colleges here is a list of the most pricey universities in America:
1. Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), located in Cambridge, MA. The average annual price in MIT is $21,816.
2. California Institute of Technology, (Caltech). The average annual charge is $25,667.
3. Stanford University offers more than 65 departments and programs. Among the most famous Stanford graduates of all time are John F. Kennedy (he dropped his MBA program before receiving the degree), Sigourney Weaver, Tiger Woods, Larry Page, Reese Witherspoon and many others.
4. Harvey Mudd College is a liberal arts college. It is a college for those who would like to become scientists, mathematicians, and engineers.
5. Yale University in Connecticut is situated 90 minutes from New Youk and is open for those who wish to take a guided tour, stroll through the historic Old Campus or attend a concert.
6. A member of the Ivy League Brown University (RI)
7. Dartmouth College (NH) offers a liberal arts education for the 21st century: education in and beyond the classroom as said on the website of the college.
8. In Cornell University (NY) engineering is definitely top notch. Chemical, electrical, computer science, mechanics majors here are regarded highly too.
9. Several small liberal arts colleges of Washington and Lee University in Lexington, VA
10. Colgate University in Hamilton
11. NY Williams College in Williamstown, MA
12. Schools in the Midwest including the University of Chicago, in Chicago, IL. The university of Chicago was founded by John D. Rockefeller in 1890 and is considered to be one of the world’s premier research and academic institutions.
13. Northwestern University in Evanston, IL. The mission of Northwestern University states: “Northwestern is committed to excellent teaching, innovative research and the personal and intellectual growth of its students in a diverse academic community”.
14. Carleton College, in Northfield, MN
These schools may be pricey, but they prove to bring a high payoff. Choosing a college from the list above will make the parents rest easy as they know that this choice will pay dividends.
Need help with your college essay? Order an essay written by our professional writers.